All carvings are handmade and designed by Dennie Ibbotson.
Before a project is begun, an oil painting or watercolor rendering of the proposed design
is created for client approval.
completion of the carving, all pieces are preserved with an
application of varathane or hand-rubbed with tung oil, making them
suitable for interior or exterior use. Each job will be quoted
according to the following guidelines:
- There is an initial design fee of $500 for the design time and oil
painting sketch of a proposed project. The charge will be
included as part of the total price when a project is
commissioned. If an on-site visit is necessary, travel
expenses from Evergreen, Colorado to the project site are to be paid
by the client.
- Standard sugar pine doors (3' x 6'8") start at $600 to
build; beetlekill doors start at $1,000; door jambs start at an additional $350.
- Artwork starts at $150 per hour (based on the intricacy of the
project, plus cost of any inlays (such as stained glass or turquoise used).
- Carvings start at $150 per square foot for customer-designed logos
- In addition, carvings requiring artwork are priced starting at $150-$300 per hour
(based on the intricacy of the
project, and any inlays used).
- 50% due upon acceptance of design and commissioning of the project
- Balance due upon completion of the project but prior to shipment
- Shipping will be paid by the client
Please do not hesitate to call Dennie
to explore any project you may have in mind!
the Artist and the Carving Process
P.O. Box 512
Evergreen, CO 80437 USA
Telephone (303) 670-1445